Driven by a generation of highly connected and well-informed consumers, retailers are under constant pressure to deliver the most relevant products faster and cheaper than ever before.
In normal circumstances, this consumer-driven industry must consistently innovate to ensure the right balance between near-term profitability and long-term market relevance. The path forward has only become less clear in a world where COVID-19 has brought much of in-store commerce to a standstill, and the barrier for new competition to quickly scale up online business is at an all-time low.
Volatile and unpredictable demand, the requirement for seamless e-commerce experiences, the need to place inventory at the right location to ensure availability and speed – the forces driving change have been amplified. To navigate this constant state of volatility and change, retail industry leaders must continually monitor and adapt the supply chain to proactively respond to changing market conditions and potential risks.
LLamasoft enables retailers to create a digital twin of their end-to-end supply chain. In a virtual version, it’s easy to experiment with new ideas in a risk-free environment, identify opportunities for cost savings, and empower people to rapidly put them into action.
Make smarter, faster retail supply chain decisions
Through the lens of our prescriptive and predictive algorithms, mine your data for deep insights to drive decisions around:
- Suppliers and Sourcing – Identify best product sourcing locations and ports, while assessing the impact of taxes and duties
- Inventory Placement and Levels – Select inventory and fulfillment strategies to avoid stock-outs
- Capacity Planning – Plan capacity and labor to support growth and seasonality fluctuations
- Omni-channel Strategies – Assess trade-offs across retail, wholesale, and ecommerce channels to balance cost and service
- Sustainability Considerations and Risk Mitigation – Create plans for unexpected disruptions—and planned supply chain changes