The life sciences industry is on the front lines of patient safety, balancing support for a growing global population with the challenge of protecting and enhancing lives in a fast-changing and often unpredictable business environment.
Under normal operating circumstances, healthcare companies face costly and time-consuming product development cycles, industry consolidation, regulatory scrutiny, and a complex global supply chain. The challenge has only increased with the sudden rise of the COVID-19 pandemic. This illustrates why the life sciences industry must rapidly invest to enhance its supply chain capabilities – not just for sake of their own businesses, but as socially responsible global citizens, to contribute to society’s fight against deadly disease outbreaks.
To navigate this constant state of volatility and change, life sciences leaders must continually monitor and adapt the supply chain to proactively respond to changing market conditions and potential risks.
LLamasoft enables pharmaceutical and medical device companies to create a digital twin of the extended supply chain to answer limitless questions about their operations and identify new opportunities to create or maintain a competitive edge. Our AI-powered analytics software systems enable enterprises to respond to rapid changes in demand and market conditions, optimize the supply chain to drive greater efficiency while laying the foundation for responsive change to meet evolving market conditions. The digital representation of the end-to-end supply chain allows organizations to fully explore options, assess risks and evaluate trade-offs to speed or automate decisions.
Smarter, faster enterprise decision-making
Through the lens of our prescriptive and predictive algorithms, mine data for deep insights to drive decisions around:
- Risk & Resilience – Understand sourcing, product flow paths and revenue impact of disruptions and products that are single-sourced or have a high concentration or reliance on limited providers
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures – Identify new network structure and how to measure efficiency gains
- Capacity Planning – Plan for growth, seasonality, and labor, for next month or years in the future
- Inventory Decisions – Identify trade-offs between production and inventory, and how to plan for growth and seasonality
- Network Infrastructure / CAPEX Investments – Assign number of facilities, location, and which customers they serve
Our pharmaceutical and medical device customers identify an average of 6% total variable cost savings while maintaining or improving customer experience.